Saturday 8 May 2010

Global Warming my Arse !!




What a bloody cold wind, cuts right through to the bone, however its the weekend so a birding trip was on the cards. Having seen a report on a walk round Tunstall Reservoir in Weardale on the web I decided to go out and stretch my legs.

What a fantastic place, still had the cold wind to contend with but the walk took me round the sheltered side of the res. There was a nice mixture of old Oaks, Birches and Beech,s which proved to be ideal for Redstarts and Pied Flycatchers and a real bonus was a fine singing male Wood Warbler. Willow Warblers were also very common singing from almost every bush. Siskins overhead and Common Sandpipers on the rocks made for a very enjoyable morning.


I came home via Teeside which proved to be very hard work, I walked right round South Gare beach and bushes and only managed to find four Wheatears and a White Wagtail. On the rocks there was a small selection of waders made up mainly of Sanderling, but two Knot and 33 "tundre" Ringed Plovers were all nice to see as were the 30 Sandwich Tern and five Little Terns.

No comments:

Post a Comment