Sunday 6 February 2011

Weekend Update

With the Ticker enrolling the help of no other than the Trondelag Tick Master himself  (Tore Reinsborg) it his quest to take the Anglo-Norsk year list trophy back to Trondelag, I need to remain ahead of the game and pick up as many "winter" species as I can in this first winter period.

Whoopers near Yedingham
With this in mind I set off to try for the Wykeham GG Shrike and dipped again. Typically it had shown well all week and disappeared at the weekend, my only consolation was that no one saw it. I did manage three new species with Whooper Swan, Mandarin Duck and Grey Partridge taking me upto 121 for year.

With the combined force of the Trondelag Tick Twins scoring a nice "Brucie Bonus" with Ring-billed Gull the Mirfield bird having eluded me for three visits had to be seen. A very welcome text saying it was showing well on the island had Lindsay and the dog bundled in the van and a quick sprint down the M1 followed by a nervous few minutes before our goal revealed its self, result and now upto 122

No comments:

Post a Comment