Sunday 21 November 2010

A Grey Day

With a thick damp mist hanging over Ripon and soon getting fed up with housework, I decided to strike out and try for a year tick or two. Ticker has been scoring with every shot this autumn and has reached the heady heights of 208 with me floundering on 243 having missed everything.


First it was a quick trip to Skipton where a Grey Phalarope put on a great show to the assembled few and posed beautifully for some snaps.


Grey Phalarope

Grey Phalarope
 Unfortunately the light having not ever been much better than poor all day deteriorated to crap by the time I arrived at Hollingworth Lake so the pictures of the Grebe only just qualify as record shots, still they are better than the ones I had.

Pied-billed Grebe
Struck out again on sunday looking for Waxwings in Harrogate. Despite a tip from PKB about 100 on Jennyfields I still dipped. Anyway thats 245 now, might manage 250 for first time in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment