Saturday 13 November 2010

Waxwing at last

I was definately starting to think it was personal between me and our colourful scandinavian visitors but at long last I finally caught up with a small flock of 12 Waxwings feeding in a tree at the end of my street. A mad dash back home for the camera was to no avail as on my return the tree was been beseiged by a group of kids playing catch, the little darlings had sent the Waxwings flying and despite checking all the usual haunts in the immediate area not another bird was seen.

An update from Ticker this week and despite some very wintery weather he is still pushing hard and with me in the yearlist doldrums he has amassed 208, his latest been Lappmeis (thats Siberian Tit to you and me) which seems to have taken up residence at our photographer friend Terjes feeding station for the winter. If any photographers actually read this trips can be arranged, both for passerine feeding stations (Grey-headed Woodpecker and Sibe Tit) so far this autumn as well as the usual selection of tits, finches and woodpeckers and to a feeding station for eagles which has a comfortable purpose built hide overlooking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment